TEAM School is pleased to support a number of community charities. Each year, the donations received at the year-end musical production are presented to our local hospitals (the Trillium Centre and the Credit Valley Hospital). The school donates prizes of tuition credits to these two organizations for use in their fundraising efforts. The school has been recognized for its fundraising efforts with rooms bearing the school’s name in the new Cancer Centre and Ambulatory Care wings at Credit Valley Hospital.
Every year, the Mentor College/TEAM School Fashion Show donates 100% of the proceeds to organizations such as Credit Valley Hospital, Trillium Hospital, the Ian Anderson House, and Youth Without Shelter. Annual support is given to the following charities through the corresponding events:
- Alzheimer’s Society - Alzheimer’s Coffee Break
- Terry Fox Foundation - Terry Fox Run
- Heart and Stroke Foundation – Hoops For Heart / Jump Rope for Heart
- Interim Place - Mitten Tree
- Peel Children’s Aid Society - Make A Wish Christmas Tree
- Food Path Mississauga - Food Drive (donations and student labour)
- Salvation Army - Donations and student labour
- The Compass - Student visits
- Mississauga Long-Term Home - Student visits
- Child & Teenage Cancer - The Inside Ride
We are pleased to encourage our students in the charitable fundraising events in support of these charities in our community. When students enter high school, opportunities to make a difference extend far beyond the borders of Mississauga or even Canada.